In this episode, I am joined by Matt Mullenweg, the CEO of Automattic and the co-founder of WordPress. In this episode, we discuss a range of issues facing WordPress today, as well as the various arms of Automattic’s business:
- WordPress 4.9 features around customization.
- Progress on the Gutenberg Editor
- Feature projects and a year of day-to-day project lead
- The React decision for WordPress, and what came of it
- WooCommerce, Jetpack and issues they are facing
- Site building versus blogging on WordPress.com, and their ad campaigns
- WordPress community, the WordPress website
- And more!
This was a fun episode, and it’s always a privilege to be able to talk to the leader of the WordPress project. I hope you enjoy it.
Photo by Brian Richards, for Post Status
Sponsor: Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms makes the best web forms on the planet. Over a million WordPress sites are already using Gravity Forms. Is yours? Thanks to Gravity Forms for being a Post Status partner.