This is a ‘remix’ of sorts of the awesomely good Lifeforce demo by Andromeda Software Development (you can find it here: http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=31571 )
I made a basic slitscanner, and changed it a bit to produce video. I store the last 640 frames, and take a 1 pixel slice from each frame. These are then placed along the x axis to produce an image. Each frame, a new frame is added to the queue, shifting the queue back, and the position on x of the slice is also shifted by one pixel. I hope that makes some kind of sense, it doesn’t make much to me 🙂
It’s pretty much inspired by all the other slit scanner stuff out there, but particularly the one that produced this video: http://www.vimeo.com/1398634 The method is the same, but I added movement on x to create more motion.
Sorry about the ‘cutting’ every few seconds – when the slice reaches the far right of the image it cuts back to the left, causing a jump. I’ll change it to sweep back to the left instead some time.
I think there’s a bug somewhere too, as the resolution looks lower than it should. I’ll fix these things then release it as a .qtz file or perhaps a tool.
Oh, and it’s slow. Like 8 seconds per frame slow. .75gb of texture data per frame, plus QC’s iterator = pain!