Okay, now we will create a new Player module runtime – yes, when CoGe running 🙂
Warning! A bit QC knowledge needed!
We have a text file with some words, and no image and movie players plays it. But the media slot shows an icon – because the media slots are Quicklook based. The idea is display the next word on each beat.
Now, launch Quartz Composer.
– use a Clear and a Billboard patch with Image with string for displaying
– use Kineme’s String with file patch (from Filetools 0.5b) – downloadable for free on www.kineme.net – for loading text to string
– get the separeted words with a String Compontents patch
– create a counter based loop: change to the next word index when counter got an increasing signal, and reset when the current index is the last
– now open the player template from CoGe’s template folder
– copy the layerFilePath (this will send the currently selected slots file path from CoGe to QC), and the currentBeat (this will send the current beat number from CoGe to QC) input splitters
– use this splitters for File Input and triggering counter, when value on the input changing
– now, save the comp: create a new folder inside CoGe’s player folder, and place the file
– back to CoGe, select the new player, and enjoy 🙂
It isn’t too hard, isn’t it? 🙂
The final Player module with some new option (selectable font for example) downloadable from: http://coge.lovqc.hu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=117