Trump to hold call with regional countries about the situation with Iran
President Donald Trump will hold a call Saturday on the situation with Iran and “leaders from nations including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Pakistan” will join, a regional official told Fox News.
Pinned
Trump says US is ‘getting a lot closer’ to reaching a deal with Iran: report
President Donald Trump said negotiators from the U.S. and Iran are “getting a lot closer” to finalizing a deal, CBS News reported Saturday.
Sources familiar with the talks told CBS News that the latest proposal on the table includes a process to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and the unfreezing of some Iranian assets being held in foreign banks.
Trump also told the network that he believes the final deal will prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, otherwise he “wouldn’t even be talking about it.”
“I will only sign a deal where we get everything we want,” Trump reportedly added.
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
Sen. Roger Wicker says proposed Iran ceasefire would undo ‘Operation Epic Fury’
Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., warned Saturday that a rumored 60-day ceasefire agreement with Iran would undermine recent U.S. military gains and allow Tehran to regroup.
“The rumored 60-day ceasefire — with the belief that Iran will ever engage in good faith — would be a disaster,” Wicker wrote on X.
“Everything accomplished by Operation Epic Fury would be for naught!” he added.
The Mississippi Republican has emerged as one of the most outspoken GOP voices arguing against a diplomatic settlement with Tehran following recent U.S. military operations and escalating tensions surrounding the Strait of Hormuz.
Wicker previously warned that continued negotiations with Iran could project “weakness” and urged President Donald Trump to allow U.S. forces to continue degrading Iran’s military capabilities.
The comments come as Trump administration officials signal that negotiations with Tehran may be making progress, with Secretary of State Marco Rubio saying Saturday there was “a chance” Iran could accept a deal within days.
Posted by Brittany Miller
Regional diplomat says Trump call with Middle East leaders on Iran was ‘very positive’
A regional diplomat told Fox News on Saturday that President Donald Trump’s call with Middle East leaders regarding Iran was “very positive” and showed signs of diplomatic progress.
“The call was very positive. Good progress is being made,” the diplomat told Fox News chief foreign correspondent Trey Yingst.
“Regional leaders were supportive of the progress and of the breakthrough President Trump achieved with the talks,” the diplomat added.
Earlier Saturday, Fox News confirmed that Trump was expected to speak with leaders from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Pakistan regarding the situation with Iran.
The call came amid intensified diplomatic efforts involving the United States, Iran and regional intermediaries as negotiators push for a broader agreement tied to Iran’s nuclear program, sanctions relief and the Strait of Hormuz.
Posted by Brittany Miller
Pakistan says Tehran talks made progress toward ‘final understanding’ in US-Iran crisis
Pakistan said Saturday that talks between army chief Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir and Iranian leaders in Tehran produced progress toward a “final understanding” in efforts to resolve the US-Iran crisis, according to Arab News.
In a statement released after Munir’s visit, Pakistan’s military described more than 24 hours of meetings with senior Iranian officials as “highly productive.”
“The intensive negotiations over the last twenty four hours have resulted in encouraging progress toward a final understanding,” Pakistan’s military said.
Munir met with Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian, Parliament Speaker Mohammad-Bagher Ghalibaf and Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi as diplomatic efforts intensified to prevent renewed conflict between Tehran and Washington.
The update came as Secretary of State Marco Rubio suggested Saturday that movement was occurring in negotiations and said there was “a chance” Tehran could accept a deal within days.
Pakistan has increasingly emerged as a key intermediary between the United States and Iran while coordinating with regional partners including Qatar, Oman and China.
Posted by Brittany Miller
Trump to have call with Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Pakistan, Fox confirms
A regional official told Fox News on Saturday that “President Trump is expected to hold a call with regional countries on the situation with Iran.”
“Leaders from nations including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Pakistan will join the call,” the official said to Fox News chief foreign correspondent Trey Yingst.
Axios reported earlier that the call is expected to happen at 1 p.m. ET.
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
Trump to hold conference call with Arab leaders to discuss Iran agreement draft: report
President Donald Trump reportedly will hold a conference call with Arab leaders at 1 p.m. ET to discuss a draft agreement with Iran.
Axios reported, citing two sources familiar with knowledge of the matter, that Trump is looking to discuss the situation with Iran with Gulf leaders.
“I think one of two things will happen: either I hit them harder than they have ever been hit, or we are going to sign a deal that is good,” Trump told Axios earlier Saturday, adding that, “some people would much rather have a deal and others would rather resume the war.”
Trump returned to Washington, D.C., on Friday evening after delivering remarks in Suffern, N.Y. It was unclear if the president was to spend Memorial Day weekend in Bedminster, N.J., but he ultimately came back to the nation’s capital.
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
Trump says it’s a ‘solid 50/50’ if he can make Iran deal or ‘blow them to kingdom come’: report
President Donald Trump said he will be meeting with negotiators Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner later Saturday to discuss Iran’s latest offer to end the war, and that he’s a “solid 50/50” as to whether he’ll be able to make a “good” deal or else “blow them to kingdom come,” according to Axios.
The outlet reported that Vice President JD Vance is also expected to join the meeting with Witkoff and Kushner and that Trump would likely decide by Sunday whether or not to resume combat operations against Iran.
“I think one of two things will happen: either I hit them harder than they have ever been hit, or we are going to sign a deal that is good,” Trump told Axios, adding that, “some people would much rather have a deal and others would rather resume the war.”
Trump said he would only accept a deal that covers issues like uranium enrichment and the future of Iran’s stockpile of highly enriched uranium, Axios also reported.
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
US forces acting as ‘iron shield’ to protect American bases, lives from Iranian proxies: Hegseth
Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said Saturday that American forces in the Middle East are “standing as an iron shield to protect American bases and American lives from Iranian proxies.”
Hegseth made the remark in a commencement speech at U.S. Military Academy’s Class of 2026 graduation ceremony in West Point, N.Y.
“Lethality is your calling card and victory our only acceptable end state. Your soldiers must be ready for anything because the world is only getting more complex. Just look at what our soldiers have done in just the last few months alone, we’ve asked our airborne and rapid reaction forces to deploy at a moment’s notice to the Middle East, standing as an iron shield to protect American bases and American lives from Iranian proxies,” Hegseth said.
“This includes American Army units using HIMARS to help sink the Iranian Navy,” Hegseth added, referencing High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems. “I know the Army loves sinking the Navy. That’s the only Navy you’re currently allowed to sink.”
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
US Army met 2026 recruiting goals four months early, Hegseth says
Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said Saturday that “recruitments are up across the joint force” and that “just two days ago, the U.S. Army met its 2026 recruiting goals four months early.”
“A second record year in a row,” Hegseth said during his commencement speech at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. “That means you’re about to train this group right here and lead 61,500 new soldiers.”
His comments come as the Iran war remains in a tense holding pattern. As U.S.-Iran talks continue without a breakthrough, U.S. officials have warned that without a deal on Tehran’s nuclear program and regional security, U.S. combat operations could rapidly resume.
“You’re in a dangerous line of work, and there is no world in which high intensity conflict exists without great pain, agony, sickness, and human tragedy. In this War Department, we raise up warriors purpose-built not for good weather, blue skies or fancy parades. We’re built to load up on the back of helicopters, C-17s or Strykers in the dead of night, in fair weather or foul, to go to dangerous places, to engage those who would do our nation and our citizens harm and deliver justice in close and brutal combat on behalf of the American people,” Hegseth added in his address.
“But what makes us different is that we don’t fight because we hate what’s in front of us. We fight because we love what’s behind us. Our family, our freedom, and our flag,” he said. “The battlefield does not grade on a curve, and you can’t throw your pronouns at the enemy. Combat is the ultimate test, and our best Americans must ace it.”
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
Iran ‘problem’ will be solved ‘one way or the other,’ Rubio says
Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Saturday that U.S. issues with Iran “will be solved as the president’s made clear, one way or the other.”
“There’s been some progress done, some progress made. Even as I speak to you now, there’s some work being done. There is a chance that whether it’s later today, tomorrow, in a couple of days, we may have something to say,” Rubio said regarding a potential deal with Iran.
“But this issue needs to be solved, as the president has said, one way or the other. Iran can never have a nuclear weapon. The straits need to be opened without tolls. They need to turn over their enriched uranium,” Rubio continued.
“These are the president’s points consistently, and his preference is always to deal with it in a diplomatic way. The president’s preference is always to solve problems such as these through a negotiated diplomatic solution. That’s what we’re working on right now. But this problem will be solved as the president’s made clear, one way or the other. We hope it’s done through the diplomatic route,” Rubio added.
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
US blockade of Iranian ports hits ‘milestone’ of 100 ships redirected
U.S. Central Command announced Saturday that the ongoing military blockade of Iranian ports has “reached the milestone of redirecting 100 commercial vessels.”
“Over the past six weeks, more than 15,000 Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen have redirected 100 vessels, disabled four, and allowed 26 humanitarian aid ships to pass,” CENTCOM said.
The blockade first went into effect on April 13. “Our service members are doing extraordinary work,” CENTCOM commander Adm. Brad Cooper said in a statement. “They have been highly effective by executing the mission with precision and professionalism, allowing zero trade into and out of Iranian ports which has squeezed Iran economically.”
CENTCOM added that more than 200 aircraft and warships are supporting the effort, including “the Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group, George H.W. Bush Carrier Strike Group, Tripoli Amphibious Ready Group/31st Marine Expeditionary Unit, and multiple guided-missile destroyers.”
“The blockade is being enforced against vessels of all nations entering or departing Iranian ports and coastal areas, including all Iranian ports on the Arabian Gulf and Gulf of Oman,” it also said.
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
Qatar’s leader, Trump discuss Pakistan-led efforts to bring end to US-Iran war
Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani held a phone call Saturday with President Donald Trump to discuss ongoing Pakistan-led efforts to bring an end to the U.S.-Iran war, according to the Qatar News Agency.
“During the call, they discussed the latest developments in the region, particularly regional and international efforts aimed at consolidating calm and de-escalating tensions, foremost among them supporting the diplomatic efforts led by Pakistan to spare the region further tension and preserve international peace and security,” a report said.
“The call also addressed the importance of continuing dialogue to address current issues, safeguarding maritime security and the safety of strategic waterways, and ensuring the smooth flow of global supply and energy chains,” it added.
Fox News Digital has reached out to the White House for comment.
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
Rubio tells India’s PM that US ‘will not let Iran hold the global energy market hostage’
Secretary of State Marco Rubio told Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday that the U.S. won’t let Iran “hold the global energy market hostage.”
“The Secretary and Prime Minister discussed the current situation in the Middle East. The Secretary emphasized that the United States will not let Iran hold the global energy market hostage and affirmed that U.S. energy products have the potential to diversify India’s energy supply,” State Department spokesperson Tommy Pigott said in a statement.
India, which imports nearly 90% of its crude and about half its natural gas from abroad, is the world’s third-biggest oil importer and consumer, FOX Business reported in March.
India’s Reliance Industries, which operates the world’s biggest refining facility, reportedly bought 5 million barrels of Iranian oil after the U.S. temporarily lifted sanctions earlier this year.
FOX Business’ Kyra Colah contributed to this post.
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
Israel’s military strikes Hezbollah weapons production site in Lebanon
The Israel Defense Forces said it struck an underground Hezbollah weapons production site in Lebanon overnight.
The IDF said the site in the Bekaa Valley “served the organization’s terrorists for producing weapons intended to harm the civilians of the State of Israel and IDF forces operating in southern Lebanon.”
“In addition, Hezbollah terror organization infrastructure in the Tyre area was struck, from which the organization’s terrorists operated in order to plan and carry out terror attacks against IDF forces,” the IDF also said. “Prior to the strike, steps were taken to reduce harm to civilians, including advance warnings to the population, use of precision munitions, and aerial observations.”
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
Qatar’s FM tells Iran that any Strait of Hormuz closure will ‘further deepen the crisis’: report
Qatar’s Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al-Thani told Iran’s foreign minister in a phone call Saturday that any closure of the Strait of Hormuz will “further deepen the crisis” in the region, a report said.
The state-run Qatar News Agency said during the call with Abbas Araghchi, Al-Thani “reaffirmed the State of Qatar’s unwavering support for efforts aimed at reaching a comprehensive agreement to end the crisis, stressing the need for all parties to engage constructively in order to secure sustainable peace and enduring stability in the region.”
“His Excellency further emphasized that freedom of navigation remains a fundamental principle that cannot be compromised, warning that any closure of the Strait of Hormuz or attempts to use it as a means of pressure would further deepen the crisis and threaten the vital interests of countries across the region,” it continued.
Al-Thani also “underscored the importance of adhering to international law and the principles of good neighborliness, while prioritizing the interests of the region and its peoples in a way that reinforces regional and international security and stability and advances de-escalation efforts,” according to the report.
The call comes as a Qatari negotiation team is in Tehran on Friday and Saturday “to support the U.S. to reach a final deal that would end the war and address outstanding issues with Iran,” an official with knowledge of the visit told Fox News on Friday.
Fox News’ Trey Yingst contributed to this post.
Posted by Greg Norman-Diamond
Former Navy commander says renewed US combat operations against Iran are ‘matter of when’
Retired U.S. Navy Cmdr. Kirk Lippold said Friday that renewed American combat operations against Iran appear increasingly likely, arguing Tehran has shown no willingness to abandon its nuclear program through diplomacy.
Speaking on “America Reports,” Lippold said it is now “a matter of not if, but when the United States is going to recommence combat operations.”
“The president has given the Iranians every opportunity to come to the right answer through diplomatic channels,” Lippold said. “Iran will not give up their nuclear program.”
Lippold’s comments came shortly after Secretary of State Marco Rubio said negotiators had seen some progress in talks with Tehran but cautioned that “there’s more work to be done.”
“The President would prefer to do a good deal,” Rubio said during remarks at a NATO conference in Sweden.
Lippold, the former commanding officer of the USS Cole, suggested President Donald Trump is using ongoing negotiations to give the U.S. military time to “rearm, refuel, and be ready for combat operations.”
He also argued the administration should avoid publicly declaring negotiations over in order to avoid giving Iran time to prepare.
The remarks came as Iranian state media reported that negotiators were not discussing Tehran’s nuclear program at the moment, while a Qatari team remained in Tehran to support talks with the United States.
Yesterday’s Fox News Digital live blog offers additional coverage of the Iran conflict.
Posted by Brittany Miller
Live Coverage begins here

Leave a Reply